- Who you are and what do you do for a living?
My name is Aaron Ofseyer and I’m a meteorologist with WZZM in Grand Rapids.
- What is your family dynamic?
- What has been the biggest challenge of being a Dad?
The biggest challenge of being a dad is balancing my crazy work schedule with parenting. My job has me waking up very early in the mornings. Over the course of a normal workweek, I’m constantly playing catch up with sleep.
- What has been fatherhood’s biggest reward?
The biggest reward of being dad has evolved. Initially, it was watching all of the developmental milestones. They come in rapid succession particularly in the first 2 years. That blew my mind as a new parent. My daughter is now 6 but she’s already a strong, bright, sensitive and conscientious young lady.
- What is the most memorable Dad moment you’ve had? Positive or negative – what moment of fatherhood stands out to you?
I don’t know that I have a most memorable dad moment. But I’ll never forget the first time I held my daughter after she was born. I was nervous, excited and a little sweaty. I’ve wanted to be a father for as long as I can remember and I was finally holding my own daughter!
- How do you balance your work/family life?
I’m fortunate and thankful that my wife has worked primarily from home in the last few years. As a result, balancing my work and parental obligations hasn’t been much of a struggle.
- What “Dadvice” would you give a father with daughters?
My advice to dads with daughters is be involved. Also, remember to slow down from time to time because life moves by pretty fast.